The Friends of Rutherfurd Hall is a volunteer group organized in 2010 to help Rutherfurd Hall and the Allamuchy Board of Education staff develop a volunteer base to raise funds for the growing museum project. Members join the Friends of Rutherfurd Hall by paying annual dues of $30. This membership allows Friends to attend meetings and to receive monthly updates about news and activities. These dues are shared between the Friends and the Allamuchy Historical Society.
Friends of Rutherfurd Hall meet monthly at Rutherfurd Hall on the first Thursday of each month at 7pm. The group, and the meetings, are open to the general public and prospective members are welcome to attend one meeting to decide if they would like to join.
The group has over 100 members and is continuously growing. The Friends of Rutherfurd Hall is considered to be the central organizing force for community members who are interested in joining us on the Rutherfurd Hall project.
Friend’s projects to date include:
- Raising funds for exhibition materials, projects and improvements
- Benefit music concerts on the lawn of the mansion
- Volunteer support at free public programs
- Fundraiser events
- Staffing the site during open hours
- Working on the gift shop
- Projects under staff direction
New projects in development include:
- Developing a docent program to help staff the museum during open hours
- Cultural programs including music, community picnics, and lectures
The Friend’s plan and deliver a range of important community projects, and all decisions are made by group vote and through committee work. We are happy to entertain new ideas and projects. When suggesting new programs, volunteers are asked to plan both the funding and the implementation of the idea. Join us! You will discover a great group of people who care deeply about the cultural fabric of Warren County, New Jersey.
- Meetings are the first Thursday of each month at 7pm in Rutherfurd Hall
- Volunteer and keep up to date by attending Friends of Rutherfurd Hall meetings
- Attend exclusive events such as our “Friends” Holiday Gala
- Help support Rutherfurd Hall programs, events and fundraising efforts
- Volunteer in a way that best suits your interests
- $30 annual membership dues.
Friends of Rutherfurd Hall Officers:
- Eileen Malejko – President
- John LaPadula – Vice President
- Greg Malejko – Secretary
- Ken Dunlap – Treasurer